In honor of Lily's half birthday I thought I would provide her fans with a window into "the life of Lily". First, let's talk about Lily's latest obsessions. It seems that the only thing Lily wants to play with these days is "O-I's". She uses this term to describe letters- magnetic letters, bathtub letters, letters in books. She is fascinated with them! I have used this opportunity to teach her how to spell her name. She's not up for writing it just yet though.
Another obsession of Lily's is music. She loves to listen to it and sing it. Thanks to big sister Ava, Lily has had a very healthy dose of Michael Jackson. So much so that she can even chime in on some of his songs. Some of her more classic favorites include "Twinkle Twinkle", "Row Your Boat", and "Baby Signing Time". She's got some great dance moves too!
Lily also likes to play with babies. She enjoys feeding them food that she had cooked up in the play kitchen.
Speaking of food, Lily is a great eater. She will try just about anything you put in front of her. Some of her current favorites are blueberries, cheese, and "coookies". Just don't get in her way if she is hungry. Many a tantrum has been thrown because her food was not prepared fast enough!
Lily is pretty quiet around other people, but very vocal at home. She loves to be the center of attention at mealtime and knows how to make her sister laugh. When she needs something, she has learned to ask loudly (so she doesn't get upstaged by her sister). Some of her demands are "help" "open" "here go". When I say "loudly", that is an understatement.
Lily has grown very attached to her sister. She can say "Ava" clear as a bell, but usually refers to her as "sissy". She looks for her and asks for her all the time. They have established their own games and routines. During lunch one day, I overheard Lily telling Ava "I love you". Ava would say "I love you too". They must have went back and forth at least 10 times. I relish those moments because I don't know how long it will be before they start arguing over clothes and boys.
Lily is a blessing to our family in so many ways. We continue to enjoy watching her grow!
No comments:
Post a Comment