Since this year's 4th of July was in the middle of the week, our celebration was a little more tame. We kicked things off with our usual visit to Red, White and Boom. We shared our secret location with the Tomar's, since they are new to town. Bennett and Maya especially enjoyed the fireworks, this being their first Independence Day!
The next morning we went to the parade in Dublin. It was HOT HOT HOT, but we found a place in the shade. The girls were so excited that they were giving out candy, that I think they forgot a parade was going on!
Then we headed to a party at a friend's house. I think the heat got to the kid's heads. Bennett was so hot he dumped a can of pop all over himself!
Later that night we watched the Dublin fireworks. We were so close to them that ash was falling on us! They were a little too loud for the kids, but I like my fireworks loud and close.
Happy birthday America!
No comments:
Post a Comment