Sunday, March 04, 2012

Growing Up Too Fast!

Ava is officially six and a half today. I often find myself wondering how time has gone by so quickly! I mentioned this to her today, and she reassured me, "Don't worry. I'll always be there for you." which proves my point.
The past six months have brought many big changes for Ava. The two biggest have been starting all-day Kindergarten and meeting her new baby brother.
Ava loves school. She has already learned to read, and she enjoys writing and drawing too. She loves to buy her lunch at school because she gets to eat lots of things that we usually don't serve at home. She is a hard-working student and has made many friends. She has declared that she wants to be a teacher when she grows up. She hones her skills in the basement where she has her own easel, pocket chart, and calendar set up. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! Ava participates in Daisies (Girl Scouts) and she takes ballet and tap once a week.
Ava is an AMAZING big sister. She loves to hold, talk to, play with, and sing to Bennett. It's the first thing she wants to do when she walks in from school. Bennett adores his big sister!
Ava is a fun-loving, sometimes boisterous kid with a big heart. She loves to dance and sing (the Fresh Beat Band is a favorite) and dreams of being a rockstar. She still loves pretending and playing dress-up. She is also a "techie" like her dad. It is so much fun watching her learn and grow, but I can't help but to wish it would slow down just a bit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow hard to believe how fast time flys!!! You have such an amazing beautiful family and I love you all so much!!! I remember coming over to see and hold her for the first time! She's such a beautiful little girl!!! It was so good getting to see you all and hug and kiss those precious kids! Thinking of you often love and miss you!
Aunt deena xoxo