Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten!

I know that every parent probably utters these same words on the first day of school, but I am in awe of how fast time goes when you have children. Kindergarten? Seriously? Seems like yesterday we brought Ava home from the hospital, and today we watched her walk into the next chapter of life- elementary school.
Ava has been excited about going to Kindergarten all summer. We counted down the days, practiced tying shoes, bought all the necessities. So it was not a difficult send-off. I surprised myself by not crying either, especially since parents were not allowed to walk them in. So we watched her walk gingerly into the building this morning.
When Mimi and I picked her up, she was happy with how the day went. We asked her a million questions and found that she had made a new friend, bought lunch with no problem, and enjoyed 3 recesses! She is looking forward to going back tomorrow. What more could we ask for?








So proud of you, bug!

No comments: